Monday 10 November 2008

Psycho X

Last week Saturday, one of Muffin’s very good friends came over to spend the weekend with us… I really like the guy, he is soooo calm and mature and really good to talk to… Anyway, we started talking about muffin’s psycho x and how the whole drama started 8 years ago… I must warn you, this story is very unbelievable. I often have to pinch myself as it sometimes seems so surreal.

Anyway, this is how my story goes.

When I met muffin, I had no idea there was any psycho x. We instantly hit it off from day 1… I know it sounds like a cliché when I say that there was instant chemistry… but really there was. I met muffin through his friend… Let’s call him Mex… Mex liked me, but there was chemistry between Muffin and I… Anyway Mex wasn’t very happy about this when he found out, so he stopped speaking to me…

Anyway, everything had been very good between muffin and I, until one day, when I received a disturbing phone call, from who turned out to be Psycho x. It was extremely worrying as Muffin had never mentioned this person, who had been claiming to have been Muffin’s girlfriend of 4 years. Muffin had told me about all his ex’s, but had never mentioned this person.

She actually sounded very nice on the phone. We had a 2 hour long conversation, because I really needed to get all the details from her. She told me all sort of things about their history (which all eventually turned out to be a lie). Anyway after this conversation, I confronted muffin over the phone as we lived in different towns at the time. At first, he dismissed it foolishly and said he would rather not speak about her. Obviously this roused my suspicions, SO I GAVE HIM AN ULTIMATUM…

I told him I won’t speak to him, till he tells me the details of what happened between himself and this person.

Anyway, he told me about how he had a girlfriend when he met her and how from day 1, she became very obsessive. She harassed everyone she knew that knew him for his number. Muffin was only 19 at the time and she was 15. Soon after, she became friends with Muffin’s sister and started visiting their house, in order to get close to muffin, which she did. Soon after, she was apparently no longer a virgin, all thanks to Muffin. Anyway, that was the start of Muffin’s woes…By the way; they never did have a relationship. Muffin was just a typical 19 year old boy who took advantage of the opportunity thrown in his face….

She harassed and abused every girl that came into muffin’s life. I think Muffin allowed this because of the attention he was getting. Soon after, she moved to Yankee for school, and you would think she would have given up by this stage… Naaaah

She started spending a lot of money on muffin, buying him gifts and all manner of things. At this stage, muffin was in a very serious relationship with his ex before me. They dated for 3 years, after which muffin moved to Jand.

Every time muffin tried to end it properly with this girl, she would threaten suicide… (She never did attempt it though)… She stopped attending school and eventually got shipped back to Naija by her parents…

Once she locked herself in her room and refused to eat and when her family realised it was quite serious they called muffin and her mum actually knelt down to beg muffin to consider her… Oh my…

At this stage everyone knew it wasn’t looking pretty… She even embarrassed muffin’s ex once in a restaurant in Naija… Insulted her and threatened to slap her… and the funny thing is that muffin and ex had broken up at this stage.

So rewind to her conversation with me. She basically told me many things, to scare me off muffin as she new that muffin and I were relatively new. She also said she would be moving to Jand soon to be with muffin…

When muffin told me all these things I decided to check with muffin’s sister who confirmed everything. So I decided to ignore Psycho-x… Not knowing that THE DRAMA HAD ONLY JUST BEGUN…

So by Christmas 06, I thought the psycho was gone… little did I know. I came to town to spend Christmas with muffin, everything was fantastic as I had not seen muffin for about 2 months…

UNTIL THE 23RD EVENING…

Muffin and I went to the shopping mall close to his place and we just sat to have something to drink, when one person, appears from nowhere and starts shouting at muffin… It turns out that this was psycho-x… Apparently, she had been calling him and he had refused to answer her call for days… Perhaps, because I was there…

So as the drama started unfolding… (You know onyinbo people like action…)… They started to gather oh… because this monster decided to cause a scene… Muffin then held my hand and started walking off… She just stood there in the street crying…

Oh well… I decided not to talk about it to muffin till after Christmas.

When we did, it turned out that the monster had been harassing muffin all this while, so he decided to just leave her alone and let her think what she likes..

Even muffin sef, na wa… Psycho x had been cooking and bringing to his house, spoiling him with gifts, and he too was accepting… I was soooo upset with muffin; we had this huge argument on the 28th… It was our first BIG fight… Gosh, it was intense…

WE ARGUED AND ARGUED, HE WANTED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE, I COLLECTED HIS KEYS… HE STRUGGLED WITH ME FOR THE KEYS, THEN GAVE UP… WE ARGUED SOME MORE, I WANTED TO LEAVE, HE DID NOT LET ME…. WE ARGUED AND SHOUTED AND KEPT QUIET AND ARGUED SOME MORE, AND BY THE END, WE WERE BOTH SOOOO EXHAUSTED… WE JUST TOOK A NAP…

When we woke up, muffin apologised and held me and I cried my eyes out… I was facing a huge dilemma… I wanted to leave muffin because of all this drama, but I also did not want to leave him because of that nincompoop....

So I decided to fight for him… (Not literarily)… I was not going to let that animal that has been fighting every girl out of his life to come in between us…

So by my birthday, which also happens to be Valentines Day, muffin came over to my town. He came in quite late, but it was so nice to see him, because I had not seen him since that whole drama filled Christmas period. I had decided to ignore Psycho x… She had been putting all sorts of things on her Hi5 page, to piss me off… Honestly, sometimes, it did really piss me off, but other times, I decided to ignore it…

I remember 2 times in March and April of the same year when I came to see muffin, the bitch came to cause drama in muffin’s house.

She said all sort of things… She even went as far as saying that on Valentines Day eve, before muffin came to see me, they had sex like 4 times… OMG

By April, I had enough… I was job hunting, preparing for my final exams, working on my dissertation and I just did not have the capacity to deal with Muffin’s issues, so after the last drama filled visit… I decided to call it off… I believed that if muffin is for me, he will come back to me and I did not have to fight so hard to make things work. That is his job… The line between truth and lies had become very blurred… I had become a paranoid mess. I could not trust muffin anymore… The issues were too much…

IT WAS HARD… It was very hard… I met a string of people at the time… but no one was as good as muffin. I just could not open up to anyone again… I WAS STILL SOOOO MUCH IN LOVE WITH HIM… We started speaking again a couple of months after, just before I moved to his town. It turned out that the best job offer I got was in Muffin’s town… It was one I had applied for and attended interviews for while we were still together. I accepted the offer.

On the day I moved, muffin came to help me unpack into the serviced apartment the company had organised for me. We talked so much and then decided to get back together because we had both been so miserable without each other. I had missed him soooo much and I really couldn’t care less if Psycho x was still on his case or not… I know that was quite stupid because it was like going back to square 1.

THE DRAMA STARTED AGAIN…

Okay… seems like a sensible breaking point… I will complete this later on in the week…




Happy Monday x x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!! just readin ur blog for the first time n wld def b comin back!!
nicompoop!! lol! ur funny!

sound really sad.. n i knw wat it is to b in a relationship n be paranoid bcoz of things that happen..trust me..

looking foward to ur next post!xx

Buttercup said...

Dang..'psycho' is def the appropriate choice of word to describe the ex..nawa o..

hypnotique said...

@Anonymous...
Thanks sweets...

@Buttercup...
You get me dear... I sometimes wonder what makes people become so desperate...