Monday 17 November 2008

Loosing an unborn child...

Last week Friday, a colleague of mine LOST HIS CHILD AT BIRTH. This is so unbelievably sad. I am a very emotional person, so when I heard the news, I found myself crying uncontrollably. I had to go to the loo for about an hour to control myself and the fact is that he is not even a friend.
I was soooo sad on Friday, and then I got lost in my thoughts and started asking myself a few questions....


HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH LOOSING A BABY YOU HAVE CARRIED WITHIN YOU FOR 9 MONTHS AND THEN AT THE LAST MINUTE, THE BABY IS STILL-BORN?
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO SOMEONE WHO IT HAS JUST HAPPENED TO?

I think that is the worst thing that could happen to a couple... Absolutely nothing tops that...
In Nigeria, and most other African Countries, they would probably start looking for whom to apportion the blame to... They will either blame the woman, who is in the most agony, and call her a witch, that she has eaten her own baby… Or they would blame some innocent relative who has no idea about the whole issue...

This is very unfair... Why aren't we Africans more supportive with one another? Why do we always look for who to blame for our mishaps...I'm not saying I do not know that there are evil people out there who would stop at nothing to make other people miserable... but still...

This reminds me of a story my mum told me about her aunty...
Apparently, her Aunt’s son was to get married to some really nice lady which she did not like. She actually said to her son that she forbids him from getting married to her. However, he still went ahead to marry her. You won't believe that from the moment they got married, his Koko stopped working for her... It actually worked for other women, as in he started having sex with other women.... But they just could not get it to work for her... How sad...
IS IT HIS OWN MOTHER THAT WOULD DO SUCH AN EVIL THING TO HER OWN SON? You decide.... As for me, I am undecided... I believe if you believe that only God has the final say on you life, no evil person can have a hold on you...

Anyway back to the main topic...

My colleague would probably come back to work next week and I have no idea what I would say to him... I am just so scared I would start crying again, which would just worsen the situation...

Life can be really unfair....


Unhappy Monday x x

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

So sad...i can just imagine what he n his wife r goin thru..

I really dunno what i'd to say to him either..'sorry' seems so..banal..u shud just be prayin for them.

About ur mum's aunt's story..WOW..CRAZY!

hypnotique said...

I know oh... Crazy world we live in...